October 1, 2008

Visit - by Hillary

Kya and I went to visit Grandma and Grandpa today. I thought it would be good to make sure that Grandma was all set up on the blog and had everything the way she wanted it. Of course we had a few other things to do there too, like swim and eat.
We stopped by Wendy’s and brought that with us, knowing full well that they would have fed us if we didn’t have anything, I just didn’t want to mooch! So we ate lunch when we got there. Grandma and Grandpa ate their lunch with us, of course with their half a Pepsis’. I noticed that Grandma puts salt on her celery, now I know where I get it. I have to have salt on everything it seems and I know that my mom does too. At least I know that it won’t kill me too early because Grandma’s still here! I also noticed that Grandpa puts peanut butter and raisins on his celery. Grandma said that he doesn’t eat celery without peanut butter. Grandpa told a story of when he was a kid that when it was really late at night and he would already be in bed. His brother would come to bed with a stick of celery just to be a pest. He would crunch the celery right up by Grandpa’s head, so that he wouldn’t be able to sleep.
I showed Grandma how to do some things on the blog, in case she wanted to. I put her blog as her second home page so every time she brings the internet up she will have her blog already there. She seemed to love it!
Kya and I went swimming for a bit. Then we came in and talked for a while. We talked about names along with other things. I didn’t know that Grandma didn’t really like the name Linda that’s why it was Linda Sue, but the Sue didn’t really stick. Grandma said that that was all Grandpa asked was if they had a boy he wanted to name him John, and a girl, Linda.
Kya had fun running around, reading books, and playing with the toys. She was using her signs which was fun for G-ma and G-pa to see. She was doing the sign for candy, so she ate candy corns. Grandma always has good treats, and always did too!
It was nap time by the time we left and Kya was out by the time we got to Brown Rd.
We enjoyed our visit, we love both of you Grandma and Grandpa!

No comments: