October 20, 2008

Memories - by Jessica


A couple of days (or weeks...) ago I was reflecting on my most recent experience of living with Grandma and Grandpa. I feel blessed and privileged to have been able to live with them for those 3 years. I was just thinking about how I would often get in these silly moods late at night and just come dancing into the room Grandma and Grandpa were in to make them smile. Grandma and Grandpa have such wonderful smiles and laughs.
One other silly memory in particular:
Grandma would randomly bring me in old clothes of hers and ask if I wanted them. One such time, she brought in her old "house coat" and I said "sure, I'll take it." Well, I don't really remember what prompted me to wear it, but it was something along these lines: I was practicing my violin and was really tired and I thought "Maybe that robe will give me special powers and make me want to practice better." (I know...silly) So, I put it on and to sum it up, grandma came in and thought I was something else. I was acting so silly- I don't know what got into me :-) Anyways, it just brought a smile to my face to think of just one of the many good, crazy, fun times I have had with Grandma and Grandpa. They really are the best.

No comments: